The Hall of Worlds always had some sort of chatroom around and yesterday at the meet there was some chatting that with the current solution (facebook chat or so), one couldn't see what the new messages were. Voice-chat was something that as missed as well, but there's a solution for both things.
I'd like to present to you: Discord!Browser
One could go to http://discord.gg/0rwMrHVhEqRqCL5o
and (voice) chat through your browser. But setting up your mic in the browser can be a bit of a hassle.
No account is needed, but is recommended.Native App
- Download the app from http://discordapp.com/download (currently: Windows, MacOS, Android & iOS)
- Open it up and register an account
- At the left you see a circle with a + in it (sou roughly (+), hit this and choose "join a server".
- Enter: discord.gg/0rwMrHVhEqRqCL5o
- Now one should be in the disord server!
If you're going to use the app, at the bottom next to your name is a cogwheel, use this to configure your mic and audio.